We offer two types of Early Years provision.
- You can use your Two Year Old funding and Three Year Old Nursery Education Funding with us at either provision.
- Children’s Centre Childcare is for 0-11 years, which offers full day care and wrap around care. It is open 8.00am till 6.00pm Monday to Friday, all year round with the exception of Christmas and bank holidays.
- Tots is for 2-5 year olds, which is open during term time, Monday to Friday 8.45am – 11.45am and 12.45am – 3.45pm.
We provide a warm, nurturing, safe and stimulating environment offering positive early learning experiences. All our staff are fully qualified and committed to providing the best care and learning opportunities.
We offer flexible hours once your child is eligible for the 15 hours early years funding.
If you would like to know more about our Early Years provision please ask at reception.
The Sunshine Centre is registered as a provider of childcare on non-domestic premises on the Early Years Register. We comply with the requirements for the Early Years Register set out in the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage.
Criteria for Admission:
- All childcare places are subject to availability, taking into account staff: child ratios, the age of the child and space requirements.
- Priority will be given to those children who live in the local area.
- Children who are eligible for the Two Year Old Entitlement Funding.
- Children who are subject to a Child Protection Plan/Children In Need Plan/Team around the child/family or Looked After children(LAC).
- Recommendation of other professionals working with the family.
- Children with identified development delays.
- Parents on low income wishing to return to work.
- Parents who would have to leave their employment if childcare was not available.
- Those children who already have brothers or sisters in The Sunshine Centre.
How to apply:
- Parents or carers may place their child on the waiting list by completing an application form.
- Telephoning, writing or visiting The Sunshine Centre to discuss their requirements.
- We welcome arranged visits by parents/carers prior to an application being made.
Children in receipt of government funding are eligible to access 15 hours per week for 38 weeks of the year with no extra charge.
- We offer parents the opportunity to ‘stretch’ these 15 hours by accessing 12hours per week for 48 weeks per year.
- We accept childcare vouchers from a range of companies.
- For fee paying parents we offer a selection of sessions. Please ask for a fee list.
We make every effort to accommodate children and the needs of parents/carers. However it must be recognised that at certain times of very high demand not all children will be able to attend or have all preferred sessions due to limited resources and places available.